Thursday, April 27, 2017

SURVIVING THE SEASON-IN-BETWEEN (3)




 Dear friend, 

How are you today? I am writing to you again as promised. Sequel to my last letter where i shared some characteristics of the season in between, I am glad to bring you more today. Please refer to my previous letter (surviving the season in between 2) if you missed out on anything. 

Kindly read through patiently.

Remember that this is a season in our lives that we must all come to realize. I call it the season in between. That is the season between your dreams and your present reality. There is a level of purpose you want to achieve but your current condition seems to be far away from what you aspire to become.

My friend, people look forward to a journey for two reasons. First is because of the joy of anticipation that the destination brings. There is a particular joy of anticipation that every destination brings. If you are traveling somewhere for the first time, simply by anticipating, it brings joy to your heart. Second reason is that there is the happiness that the departure from something brings. In other words, I look forward to a journey because I am excited about where I am going to or I am at least grateful for where I am leaving. Even if I don’t make it to point B, I am excited and glad I have left point A. 

But however excited and expectant you may be, when the journey takes unnecessarily too long you suddenly  begin to lose the excitement for the trip. Imagine if you were to travel to Glasgow, UK and you were all so fired up for it until your flight got cancelled three different times. Weather issues came up, internal airport checks issues, and finally the fourth time you got a go ahead to board until a late announcement came saying “we are sorry, there is a problem”.  What would be going through your mind sincerely? You will probably say “I just want to go back home, I am not embarking on this trip any longer” not because the destination isn’t exciting any longer but because the excitement had been taken away by unnecessary delays, setbacks and experiences.  That is just the season in between!
In life, the journey between your present state and the next level is often not a pleasant one. The journey may be rough, tasking, and full of sweats and pains but the funny part is this; that is the only road that leads to your destination. If you are going to move to significance, that is the only road. So what we should be talking about is how to survive on that road! I am here to help you understand the characteristics of the season in between before you know how to navigate that road quite well.
 
Another characteristic of the season in between is called disdain. This is when you reach the peak of your waiting game. You feel so discouraged, disappointed and dejected. At this level you come to a conclusion that certain things may not just happen again. You conclude that the reason why you are not getting closer to your dreams is because perhaps you are not meant to. It is the point of hopelessness; you already have an answer for your predicament; we call it destiny – we were not destined to make it. Haven’t you come across people, who have destiny to blame for their misfortunes, they have the government, GOD, u and I to blame for their failures. Disdain means you don’t care what you can give it will never be enough. Such people, the words “I can’t” is their signature language, they say it at will. The language impossible is their emblem they believe that after trying all these years it is simply worthless to try any longer. They build a mental barrier and their impossibilities become a mentality. They do not only disdain their abilities or potentials to change their fortunes, they equally disdain God; they say “I am now sure God is unable to help me”. They close the account of life with a big conclusion and a full stop.

My dear friend, if this honestly characterizes what you are going through right now, may you find courage to begin again. Believe me, it is a season and it was not meant to last a life time. You will not die in that season it is just a phase in your life. It is not a parking space, it is a passing phase. You will move through and become the person you were meant to become. Only if you know that you are near breakthrough than breakdown!


Don't miss #DREAMZTIME with Paul Amusa on the following radio stations:
LAGOS: UnilagFM 103.1;Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:20am
IBADAN: Diamond FM 101.1; Mon-Fri, 7:50am
ILORIN: Betterbyfar FM 89.3; Tuesdays, Thur-Sun, 6:50am
 



Yours Sincerely
Paul Amusa