Tuesday, April 25, 2017

SURVIVING THE SEASON-IN-BETWEEN (2)

Dear friend,

How are you today? I understand you may be going through difficult moments. Well, I have a few things to share with you.


You see, the seasons of life are not constant, they change. As your journey to the next level of life begins, the most despondent state to be is the 'season-in-between'. That season is characterized by uncertainties, it is characterized by non-clarity. So you're worried, what exactly is going on?

I understand you have put in all your efforts but it seems as if there are no results, you may just be going through your in between season. There is nothing as worrying as a situation that seems undefined. You're in the middle of nowhere, you have stepped out of where you used to be but there is still no grasp of reality of where you are going to - It is a dangerous place to be. No substance whatsoever of what your dreams will turn out to be yet you have stepped out of your comfort zone.

My friend, I can imagine what it means to sell what you have to start a business, done all you know to do, yet you haven't gotten your first job. Hey, you may just be in the season-in-between. You have taken a great leap of faith but it looks as though it was even better on the other side than being here.

My dear friend, I want to share with you what characterizes the season-in-between. I want you to look out for these things so that when you experience them you need to ask yourself, maybe I am in my season in between.
What Characterizes the season-in-between?

1. Doubt - In the chain of failure, doubt is the first contact person. If failure were to be a company, the receptionist is doubt. Doubt introduces himself to you and believe me, it is going to be very cold in that company. You will have a hundred and one reasons to question the authenticity of your dreams when you're in the season-in-between. The veracity of the hopes you had will be questioned. You'll begin to question your capabilities. You'll find yourself asking,"how possible is it to get the result? Do I have what it takes? Maybe I am just unlucky, maybe if I had richer parents." The doubt question continues, you will doubt your capacity, your competence and your capabilities. Your in between season comes with serious doubts not just in your potential but in the ability of God to help you. You begin to ask "can God really help me?"

My friend, you may be in that season where you ask yourself disturbing questions about the future. The future you were once excited about seems to be losing concreteness.
My charge for you is that it is a season and it will not last forever. Learn to shake yourself off and be the person you want to be.

2. Disbelief - The next stop after the doubt bus stop is disbelief. It sets in when you stay longer waiting for something to happen. You stop asking questions, you start making assertions. You form theories and inclinations that suggest answers to your predicaments. You want a soothing relief so you come up with cliches that massage your in-capabilities and incapacity. Statements like,"i am not sure I am good at this job, I am not called to do this, I'm not the business type, IT is not my thing." You begin to rub yourself with the balm of relief saying well it is not a crime we are not succeeding since we are not cut out for it. That may just be disbelief, so watch it! Not only do you justify your failures with explanations, you also make assertions for God. Disbelief says "I am not sure God can help me."

Dear friend, does this resonate with what your life is in right now? Then you are in good company because that is why I am here. I promise to keep writing to you. Please do not ignore my letters, they promise to be elevating and insightful. It is just the season in between and you will find courage to stay strong. It will pass. Trust me, God can help you. You've got to be strong, be ready to deal with the season in between.

I hope this has helped you.

Don't miss #DREAMZTIME with Paul Amusa on the following radio stations:
LAGOS: UnilagFM 103.1;Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:20am
IBADAN: Diamond FM 101.1; Mon-Fri, 7:50am
ILORIN: Betterbyfar FM 89.3; Tuesdays, Thur-Sun, 6:50am
 



Yours Sincerely
Paul Amusa